[oe] RFC: Fix for bug 1744 and some restructuring of omap kernel bb files.

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 15:52:06 UTC 2007

Hi Koen et al.

I have been looking into omap structure of late and found that it was
hard to add a new machine to same kernel build without some
duplication. So I went ahead and tried to fix it. Attached patch also
fixes bug 1744.

I have moved the defconf files to kernel-<version>/$MACHINE folder and
I expect that we add machine specific patches if needed here too.

I have built omap5912osk and omap2430sdp machine kernels with this
change and they built and worked ok.

However I have also made changes to other omap related files which I
believe I correct but it would be helpful if someone could test them.

I havent changed the old kernel bb files. If this looks ok and
applicable I can do that too.

Is it ok?

Thanks

-Khem