[oe] RFC: Upgrade OE.dev to bitbake 1.8.8

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 13:30:58 UTC 2007

Michael,

On 8/30/07, Michael Krelin <hacker at klever.net> wrote:
> >> $ cat conf/sanity.conf | grep VER
> >> BB_MIN_VERSION = "1.8.5"
> >>
> > This describes that, given a OE checkout, which bitbake I need minimally.
> >
> > Now, suppose I have a given bitbake version, how do I find out which
> > OE revision should work with it?
>
> mtn log? ;-)
>
> > My proposal is to tag the OE tree on 2007-09-03.
>
> It's not that I object the tag, but what's the use of it? I mean, I
> don't think OE is something you may possibly want to stick to old
> revision of?

I found it too hard to combine
1) tracking OE changes
2) develop against OE.

time-wise in an environment where reproducability and deterministic
builds are top-priority. My current practice is to have both a frozen
and a current project for each target.

So yes, I would like to be able to freeze against something.  No
biggie though. Never mind my request,

--
Leon