[oe] RFC: Add ipkg to minimal image

Rod Whitby rod at whitby.id.au
Sun Dec 2 01:18:51 UTC 2007

I just realised that minimal-image.bb doesn't include ipkg, whereas the
first image which does include ipkg (console-image) includes a whole lot
of other stuff which could be installed using ipkg after first boot and
network access, and which make the image too big for a machine with
limited flash space (like an NSLU2).

Is there a reason why minimal-image does not include ipkg?  What exactly
is the definition of what should be in minimal-image which excludes the
ability to install further packages?

Does anyone object to me adding ipkg support to minimal-image?

FYI, minimal-image.rootfs.jffs2 for ixp4xx is 3.8M whereas
console-image.rootfs.jffs2 for ixp4xx is 7.1M

-- Rod