[oe] Packaged Staging, nearly a reality!

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Tue Dec 4 14:42:42 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-12-04 at 13:37 +0100, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
> Ok, sorry for the false alarm.
>
> Actually it turns out to be a dependency problem. Yesterday I felt
> adventurous and bumped PARALLEL_MAKE and BB_MULTIPLE_THREADS both from 4 to
> 8, but immediately forgot about it.
>
> Then everything python started to freak out. So I guess there is some
> missing / wrong task dependencies. Can you recommend a good way to
> debug that?

"bitbake python-pyxml -g" and then look through the task-depends.dot
file. These do contain the dependency data but its not the most readable
file format, better ways of viewing the output welcome...

I do have some prototype graphical code that views this output which
also isn't ideal but is a nice excuse to play with bitbake trunk, I'll
see if I can find time to make the commitable in the next few days
too...

Cheers,

Richard