[oe] How do you find a rev of OE that will build?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Thu Dec 20 22:51:46 UTC 2007

On 2007-12-19, Grant Edwards <grante at visi.com> wrote:

> I've been following the GettingStarted page trying to build
> task-bask for about a week now, and I always hit errors due to
> failed patches.  Here's the error du jour after doing a
> pull/update about a half hour ago:
>
> [...]
> NOTE: Running task 284 of 976 (ID: 650, /home/grante/quarq/oe/org.openembedded.dev/packages/python/python-native_2.5.1.bb, do_patch)
> NOTE: package python-native-2.5.1: started
> NOTE: package python-native-2.5.1-ml1: task do_patch: started
> NOTE: Applying patch 'bindir-libdir.patch'
> ERROR: Error in executing:
> ERROR: Exception:__builtin__.CmdError Message:Command Error: exit status: 1  Output:
> Applying patch bindir-libdir.patch
> patching file Makefile.pre.in
> Hunk #1 FAILED at 78.
> 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- rejects in file Makefile.pre.in
[...]

I updated today and tried again.  No joy.  python-native_2.5.1
still fails when applying patches with the same error.

Is there a way to tell bitbake to use an older version of the
package -- presuming there are older versions that will build?

Are packages in the .dev branch normally unbuildable for
extended periods of time?  Should I not be trying to build
using the .dev branch?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I smell a RANCID
                                  at               CORN DOG!