[oe] How do you find a rev of OE that will build?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Fri Dec 21 02:40:48 UTC 2007

On 2007-12-21, Paul Sokolovsky <pmiscml at gmail.com> wrote:

>   No, anything on critical path to build a common embedded system
> image can't be broken and unnoticed for long. I rebuilt python-native
> for you:
>
> NOTE: package python-native-2.5.1-ml1: task do_patch: started
> NOTE: Applying patch 'bindir-libdir.patch'
> NOTE: Applying patch 'cross-distutils.patch'
> NOTE: Applying patch 'dont-modify-shebang-line.patch'
> NOTE: Applying patch 'default-is-optimized.patch'
> NOTE: package python-native-2.5.1-ml1: task do_patch: completed
>
> Anyway, as you see, it's not some dark magic failing, but
> merely a patch application. So, why don't you look closer and
> see what corrupts the data - your tar, a quilt built on your
> system, or your kernel? ;-)

OK.  It just seems odd that 100+ other packages would build
fine, but when one particular package fails it's not the
package that's suspect but the tools that work fine for 100+
other OE packages and and entire Gentoo system build.

> And the best place to continue this is the bugtracker.

Thanks.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Why is it that when
                                  at               you DIE, you can't take