[oe] How will OE handle the US timezone change?

Rod Whitby rod at whitby.id.au
Mon Feb 5 08:21:26 UTC 2007

Not that I really care (not living in the US), but people using distros
built from OE are getting concerned about how the new US DST timezone
thing is going to be handled.

Are there any OE developers in the US who know enough and care enough to
 fix it properly?  Our someone else who is gracious enough to help our
US friends out of their timezone mess?

At the moment, there seems to be a timezones package which downloads
binary files from some OPIE site.  I've heard that timezone data is
endian specific, so it seems that some better solution might be required.

-- Rod