[oe] How will OE handle the US timezone change?

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Mon Feb 5 12:21:35 UTC 2007

Rod Whitby wrote:
> Not that I really care (not living in the US), but people using distros
> built from OE are getting concerned about how the new US DST timezone
> thing is going to be handled.

I must have missed that news -- what did they do?

> Are there any OE developers in the US who know enough and care enough to
>  fix it properly?  Our someone else who is gracious enough to help our
> US friends out of their timezone mess?

> At the moment, there seems to be a timezones package which downloads
> binary files from some OPIE site.  I've heard that timezone data is
> endian specific, so it seems that some better solution might be required.

The opie timezones package was just an interim solutions, however as a
lot of interim solutions, it outdid the expectations :D

timezone data is generated by glibc. If someone manages to package
the timezones from glibc in a fine granular way, then we can dump the
opie timezones package.

Regards,

:M:
--