[oe] RFC: diet-x11, small-x11 and fat-x11

pHilipp Zabel philipp.zabel at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 10:48:15 UTC 2007

On 2/6/07, Koen Kooi <koen at dominion.kabel.utwente.nl> wrote:

> Koen Kooi schreef:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'd like to propose to split diet-x11 and libx11 into the following:
> >
> > diet-x11: as small as possible, without stuff like cms and xkb
> > small-x11: small, but with cms and xkb, usefull for highend palmtops and small settop-boxes
> > fat-x11: biggest version, usefull for big-bad-workstation images.
> >
> > what do you think about it?
>
> Nobody is thinking something?

I was thinking I don't like the diet/small/fat naming, you are mixing metaphors.
small/medium/big I'd understand,
or diet/light/supersize or
slender/chubby/fat...
I thought I'd better keep that to myself :) Oh well...

One thing I'd like to see would be a different package name for all
three of them, so we can actually have all versions in the feeds
(currently both libx11 and diet-x11 build packages with the same
name).

regards
Philipp