[oe] OE Booth during fosdem

Tim Bird tim.bird at am.sony.com
Wed Feb 14 22:22:49 UTC 2007

gerwin van der kruis wrote:
>>> idea like idea - we need to consider how to server such requests
>> Do think of promoting this beforehand. I don't think there will be many
>> people going: "Oh I have this ${DEVICE} in my bag somewhere with all
>> cables and power supply. Please have it." People usually don't carry
>> surplus HW with them. A little money donation box might be a good idea
>> as well. It is easier to organize and people usually carry money to
>> FOSDEM (you just need to convince them to give it to you instead of
>> O'Reilly :-)
>>
> Maybe an idea to promote it on linuxdevices.com ?
>
> Do we have a fund where we can store the funds we get ?
>
> I was thinking to set up like a hardware distribution list

FYI - I'm not offering anything specific at the moment,
but CELF has a fund for making hardware donations for
interesting OSS projects.  If there's some piece of hardware
that someone thinks would really advance the goals of
the OE project, please let me know, and I can have CELF
consider donating it.
 -- Tim

Tim Bird
Senior Staff Engineer, Sony Electronics