[oe] RFC: move m4 up to version 1.4.4

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at hrw.one.pl
Sun Jan 14 22:45:20 UTC 2007

Dnia niedziela, 14 stycznia 2007 23:00, Rolf Leggewie napisał:
> I would like to propose moving m4 up to version 1.4.4.
>
> It seems 1.4.2 that we are using now is causing problems at times ->
> bug 837.  The latest version is even 1.4.8 but anything past 1.4.4
> depends on autoconf >= 2.60.
>
> I have seen that there is a bb file in OE for 2.61 but with preference
> of -1 so I suspect something is not working.  Therefore I propose to go
> up to the latest version which works with the autoconf we have.  I
> prepared the bb files (same as 1.4.2 but SRC_URI without the patch
> file) and verified that m4 and m4-native do compile.

Build of gpe-image would be better test (as there will be some stuff which
will use m4). I started such build and it can be tracked on OE tinderbox:

http://ewi546.ewi.utwente.nl/tinderbox/showbuilds.pl?tree=Angstrom

It's "hrw-test-m4-1.4.4 Linux 2.6.9-34.0.1.EL Dep" one.

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

  I don't know what your problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce.