[oe] Maemo compatible toolchain

Patrick Ohly Patrick.Ohly at gmx.de
Mon Jan 15 18:54:43 UTC 2007

Hi,

in July 2005 Florian Boor announced the maemo-1.0 distro for the Nokia
770. If I read the posting and the .txt file right, this replaced the
official Nokia image for the device. Is this effort still pursued by
someone?

While a worthwhile goal, I am more interested in building packages with
OE that work on the official image because I want my software to be
usable by "normal" users without having to reflash their devices.
There's Scratchbox of course, but it currently does not work for me
(known incompatibility with 2.6.18 kernel). Is compiling for Maemo with
OE something that has been tried before?

The problem would be to keep a list of the preferred versions of all
libraries and (as far as necessary) the toolchain and ensure that the
corresponding .bb files remain around and buildable.
org.openembedded.dev is probably changing too quickly for that - is
there a stable branch which is still in use by some other distro and
might have more of the older revisions? org.openembedded.oz354x perhaps?

--
Bye, Patrick Ohly
Patrick.Ohly at gmx.de
http://www.estamos.de/