[oe] Maemo compatible toolchain

Patrick Ohly Patrick.Ohly at gmx.de
Tue Jan 16 20:58:26 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-15 at 22:42 +0000, Richard Purdie wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-01-15 at 19:54 +0100, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> > ork on the official image because I want my software to be
> > usable by "normal" users without having to reflash their devices.
> > There's Scratchbox of course, but it currently does not work for me
> > (known incompatibility with 2.6.18 kernel). Is compiling for Maemo
> > with
> > OE something that has been tried before?
>
> As far as toolchains go, poky has a POKYMODE (eabi5) which roughly
> corresponds to maemo's csl 'EABI' toolchain. I think those versions of
> the csl packages were added into OE by me.

Thanks for the pointer, I might try that next. My previous attempts were
not successful enough to get more than the simplest executables running
on the Nokia 770 (generic distro + nokia770 device + a few preferred
versions => glibc-intermediate fails to compile; angstrom-2007.1 +
nokia770 => almost works, but too recent glibc to run a full
SyncEvolution binary on the 770).

As interesting as playing around with OE is, time is up now and I guess
I will just install a suitable kernel and resurrect my Scratchbox
installation to make some progress with my real issue (DBus (?) timeouts
in certain eds-dbus API calls that SyncEvolution depends on).

--
Bye, Patrick Ohly
Patrick.Ohly at gmx.de
http://www.estamos.de/