[oe] Advertising Policy on mailinglists

Lorn Potter lpotter at trolltech.com
Wed Jan 24 19:12:18 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 24 January 2007 20:59, Holger Freyther wrote:
> Hi pals,
>
> We should create an advertising policy for our mailinglists. I think
> this a technical mailing list and everything not technical is off topic.
> I think we should adopt point 7 of http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/
> mailinglists/etiquette.php#e7 to avoid further disturbance.
>
> If there is real need for posting job offers we could ask our friends
> at linuxtogo to create a market place mailinglist where product
> announcements, job offers, are on topic and wanted.
>
> thanks for listening and do you have any comments?

is it really that big of problem, or is it that you just have a problem with
Trolltech in general?

How are you planning to enforce your "advertising" policy (if posting a job is
advertising)? Are you planning to become a moderated list, then?

I sent that post here, because I thought that some person involved with oe
might want an interesting job with a fast growing company, sorry if you took
offense. There is always your delete button.

--
Lorn 'ljp' Potter
Software Engineer, Hardware Group, MES, Trolltech