[oe] Advertising Policy on mailinglists

Holger Freyther freyther at gmx.net
Wed Jan 24 22:12:04 UTC 2007

Am 24.01.2007 um 20:12 schrieb Lorn Potter:

> is it really that big of problem, or is it that you just have a
> problem with
> Trolltech in general?

Hi Lorn,

please stop that. I'm happiliy subscribed to marketplace AT
trolltech.com, the
various Qt preview and feedback lists and I enjoy reading them. I
even give
first level Qtopia support to our indian friends (as you should have
witnessed).
So please stop "have a problem with Trolltech in general" garbage.
Thanks!

Companies like Trolltech have little todo with OpenEmbedded, for the
greenphone
a set of handcrafted buildscripts are used to assemble the rootfs. If
such companies
start posting job offers here, this technical list will soonish be
overrun by all
kind of off topic things. This rang alarm bells not more not less.

See I ask for comments if we should follow Trolltech's model and
create a
marketplace like list where such things are totally On-Topic and were
we foster
such business activities.

> How are you planning to enforce your "advertising" policy (if
> posting a job is
> advertising)? Are you planning to become a moderated list, then?

I ask for comments if we want one, I do want one, If an ettiquete is
not enough
we will have to explore ways in guarding against unethical companies.

> I sent that post here, because I thought that some person involved
> with oe
> might want an interesting job with a fast growing company, sorry if
> you took
> offense. There is always your delete button.

No offense taken, I want to protect this technical list. So a
marketplaceATlinuxtogo.org
would have made sense for this? Should we create one?

h.