[oe] Stable versions of OE

Nelson Castillo nelson at emqbit.com
Mon Jan 29 17:40:11 UTC 2007

Hi.

I've been following this document (http://wiki.emqbit.com//openembedded)
by Stefano Parusso that explains how to build OE for a ARM board[1].

It works for the snapshot for November the 7th and not for the most recent
one. I read in the Getting Started wiki page[3]:

  Once you have a "known good" version that works well on your
  system, keep it! To update, clone a new copy; don't overwrite
  that working version until it's known to be safe.

So, I guess it means I should stay with the old metadata.

My questions are:

  * Does OE ever do "stable" releases?

  * If not, how do you make "stable" releases for yur plataforms?

Regards,
Nelson.-

[1] http://wiki.emqbit.com/free-ecb-at91
[2] http://www.openembedded.org/snapshots/OE-this-is-for-mtn-0.30.mtn.bz2