[oe] Not a question !

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Wed Jan 31 11:41:26 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 18:47 +0800, zechao wang wrote:
> I have thought the poky is very similar with the oe, so a lot of
> questions were  posted here. But now i realized that they are
> very different. Thanks Koen Kooi, you made me know it.

They are very similar but there are important differences too. People
have tried to explain that you're doing something best done with OE, not
Poky.

> Don't sneer me, i think everyone of you have grown up from a newbie
> to an old hand, right ?

Yes, but we did this by listening to other people, understanding what
they were telling us and learning from it. When people suggest things,
think about why they suggested it and perhaps try what they suggested.

> Ok, i have known that if i have trouble with poky, i would ask o-hand
> for help, and if my trouble is caused by oe, i would come here.

As previously mentioned, you should not be using poky, you should be
using OE. What you're trying to do with Poky is not supported by o-hand
(I work for them so I can tell you for certain).

Regards,

Richard