[oe] Building auxiliary tools in qmake2-native

Matt Hoosier matt.hoosier at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 20:47:53 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I've a Qtopia application whose build needs to use some of the i18n
tools available from the Qt source distribution. I suppose that
qmake2-native would be the likely package to supply those, in the
current state it doesn't. Presumably, this is because Trolltech's
configure script forces these to be disabled on a cross-compilation.

My naive attempt to do this by patching the configure script not to
forcibly remove the 'tools' from cross-builds ended badly; several
headers presumably generated by native tools were missing. Does the
maintainer of the Qt tools and build have an opinion on whether
there's a better way to get some of the auxiliary tools built?

The specific one I'm seeking is 'lrelease'.

--Matt