[oe] Building auxiliary tools in qmake2-native

Michael Krelin hacker at klever.net
Tue Jul 17 21:37:05 UTC 2007

I'm not a qt expert and even less qtopia expert, but I happened to do a
bit of work on qt in OE. That was both an excuse for my ignorance and
the explanation of why the hell I find it appropriate to chime in all.

I do not know what 'lrelease' is (ignorant, remember?), so I'd also ask
if you really sure that, for instance, uicmoc is not a better place for
the tool than qmake?

The other thing is that when building uicmoc with qt3support module OE
has to build almost the whole qt, anyway. Would it not be better if we
just have qt-native package with all the tools installed? That would
reduce the amount of merciless and senseless patching and I believe
would reduce the slice of disk-space/cpu-time continuum eaten up by most
of the builds.

Does anyone happen to have an opinion?

Love,