[oe] Building auxiliary tools in qmake2-native

Matt Hoosier matt.hoosier at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 21:58:16 UTC 2007

Hi Michael,

On 7/17/07, Michael Krelin <hacker at klever.net> wrote:
> I'm not a qt expert and even less qtopia expert, but I happened to do a
> bit of work on qt in OE. That was both an excuse for my ignorance and
> the explanation of why the hell I find it appropriate to chime in all.
>
> I do not know what 'lrelease' is (ignorant, remember?), so I'd also ask
> if you really sure that, for instance, uicmoc is not a better place for
> the tool than qmake?

This is the tool which generates the final binary version of the
message catalogs. The equivalent for a libintl-based project would be
"msgfmt."

I had completely managed to overlook the presence of the uicmoc-native
packages. Let me give those a try before bothering anybody further
about this stuff.

> The other thing is that when building uicmoc with qt3support module OE
> has to build almost the whole qt, anyway. Would it not be better if we
> just have qt-native package with all the tools installed? That would
> reduce the amount of merciless and senseless patching and I believe
> would reduce the slice of disk-space/cpu-time continuum eaten up by most
> of the builds.

I'm pretty much agnostic about the breakdown of the particular
packages that end up providing the native tools used during target
builds.

Thanks