[oe] OEDEM Organisation, Planing, Scope

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Sat Jul 21 21:48:43 UTC 2007

Hey all,

I have the pleasure to 'organize' (you are lost!) the 2nd annual
OpenEmbedded conference and some things that are set. If we organize
it in the office of GMIT[1] we will have roughly 20 chairs to occupy.

Date:
	July is almost over, August is bad due birthdays, the camp and
approaching IFA deadlines. I would be happy with any date in october
or september. Marcin said he would prefer september would that be
okay with you.

Timing:
      - Should we meet for two, three, four days?

Program:
     - Should we try to have two days talking and two days of a mini
sprint?
     - Should we invite 'users' and have a Q&A session? Do we have
enough people who would be interested?
     - Create an e.V.? Who will do the paperwork? Who wants to be
treauser, president, chief donk?

People:
     - The usual suspects Mickeyl, Koen, Marcin, Tomas, Richard,
Florain, XorA?, Liam?, Laibsch, Gerwin, Braunschweig-Gang,...
     - Anyone is welcome to drop by but it would be nice to know
upfront who is going to join us.

Social Program:
        - We have drinking, dancing, sitting possibilities really
close (tomas check the map for distances it is _really_ close). We
can just go out and take it easy
        - I would propose grand OE cooking session(s). Cooking your
favorite dish for us.

Location:
	If OpenStreetmap would have a Novalisstrasse I would have shown you
this link, they think it is the Eichendorfstrasse...

	http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=novalisstrasse+10,
+berlin&sll=52.529851,13.388815&sspn=0.012009,0.036221&ie=UTF8&ll=52.529
068,13.388214&spn=0.01201,0.036221&z=15&iwloc=addr&om=1

Hotels/Accomodation:
	- http://www.honigmond-berlin.de/ is a lovely hote almost next to
the office
         - There is a yout hostel in the same street (http://
www.eastener-hostel.de/)
         - Oh and as I'm no longer homeles I can host two to four of
you as well.

Wiki:
     http://www.openembedded.org/oedem2007