[oe] OEDEM Organisation, Planing, Scope

Stelios Koroneos skoroneos at digital-opsis.com
Sun Jul 22 13:21:29 UTC 2007

> Date:
> 	July is almost over, August is bad due birthdays, the camp and
> approaching IFA deadlines. I would be happy with any date in october
> or september. Marcin said he would prefer september would that be
> okay with you.

I would like to attend as i have "managed"  :/ to miss all events/gatherings
till now.
I will be in the US from around the 23rd of Sept till the first days of Oct
(on the 25th i am doing an OE presentation on the Power.org dev conference)
so it would be great (for me) if these days were not choosen for the OEDEM

> Timing:
>       - Should we meet for two, three, four days?
>

> Program:
>      - Should we try to have two days talking and two days of a mini
> sprint?
>      - Should we invite 'users' and have a Q&A session? Do we have
> enough people who would be interested?
>      - Create an e.V.? Who will do the paperwork? Who wants to be
> treauser, president, chief donk?

I believe a 3 day session is good.

First 2 days could go to "talking" and let the last day as an open OE coding
event where we could achieve multiple objectives.
For the first 2 days although actual participation could be "restricted" due
to the lack of space, it would be a good idea to ask through the ml for
input from all the OE users on the subjects that are of any interest to them
also, and then create an agenda.Eitherwise we could end up spending a lot of
time on trivia things.

For the coding event we could
1) Start to implement some of the things that were decided the last 2 days
2) Let others who are interested in OE join in and get started or answer
their questions by the core devs that would be there
The event should be something "bring your pc to start with OE" day and i
could arrange (if inet is availiable at the site) to make our compile
cluster availiable, so people can do builds even without having to install
stuff.

I believe there would be enough interest for such a "session" provided we
spread the word early and keep a list of people that want to attend
Due to the limited space i think we need to find a way to make sure that
those who register attend  (i.e some kind of fee that will be returned to
the people that actually attend. Those that sign up but don't attend will
sponsor the beer for the rest :)

As for the e.V. Is there a minimum amount of signatures/members required to
start it ? (There is here but i am not familiar with the German law, and
maybe its not required)
If yes it could be a good oportunity to start gathering those signatures.
It will be a good idea to have some law firm/lawyer attend and assign to
them the initial setup of the e.V
Is there any firm that would wish to do some pro bono work for an open
source project like ours ?

Stelios S. Koroneos

Digital OPSiS - Embedded Intelligence
http://www.digital-opsis.com