[oe] OEDEM Organisation, Planing, Scope

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Sun Jul 22 14:50:30 UTC 2007

Am 22.07.2007 um 15:21 schrieb Stelios Koroneos:

> As for the e.V. Is there a minimum amount of signatures/members
> required to
> start it ? (There is here but i am not familiar with the German
> law, and
> maybe its not required)
> If yes it could be a good oportunity to start gathering those
> signatures.
> It will be a good idea to have some law firm/lawyer attend and
> assign to
> them the initial setup of the e.V

AFAIK you will need to have 5 to 7 founding members that participate
in the first assembly and decide on the statutes. To get tax
exemption it is generally encouraged to talk with the financial
authorities before creating the foundation. I think the statutes will
be pretty close to the one of KDE e.V. and we could check with GNOME
Deutschland e.V. as well and post them for public review.

> Is there any firm that would wish to do some pro bono work for an open
> source project like ours ?

No idea, we might get some assistance from KDE e.V.

z.

PS: http://ev.kde.org for the KDE e.V.