[oe] [Angstrom-devel] Angstrom Core Team

Graeme Gregory dp at xora.org.uk
Tue Jul 24 08:20:35 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 10:38:30PM +0100, Richard Purdie wrote:
> With this in mind I'd like to propose creating a formal core of Angstrom
> developers similar to that which exists in OE (and has seemed to work
> well as far as I know).

Sounds sensible to me, as long as the founders of Angstrom are agreeable.

> So who should be on the core team? My thoughts are that Koen is an
> obvious candidate. I'd propose Marcin/hrw (experience from OZ),
> Graeme/XorA (developer/user) and Rod Whitby/rwhitby (to represent the
> other non handhelds that Angstrom supports). I'd also propose inviting
> Rolf/laibsch if he does consider coming back to the project.

I would happilly take a steering role, I also think Mickey as a founder
and commercial user of Angstrom (last I heard he wanted to merge
openmoko in).

I defineately think Rolf would be a good addition, a team always needs
a devils advocate, and Rolf can do this with style.

> Thoughts, comments, suggestions and alternatives welcome.

The alternative I fear is people start adding DISTRO that do
include angstrom.conf
REDEFINE_STUFF_WE_DONT_LIKE

But they are all basically the same DISTRO with a fiddle.

And maybe at OEDEM we hire some sumo suits to settle problems?

Graeme