[oe] [Angstrom-devel] Angstrom Core Team

Dr. Michael Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Tue Jul 24 11:55:48 UTC 2007

Graeme Gregory wrote:
> I would happilly take a steering role, I also think Mickey as a founder
> and commercial user of Angstrom (last I heard he wanted to merge
> openmoko in).

Agreed. Koen and me went through flame-hell for creating Angstrom, but
we kept going. Unfortunately, I have not been able to actually do anything
Angstrom-related (but advocacy) in the past 12 months, however I'd
like to stay associated with this project since I still hope that at
some point of time I can continue working on some user-friendly UI
components for Angstrom (like installer, first-usage wizard, and
bootmanager).

> I defineately think Rolf would be a good addition, a team always needs
> a devils advocate, and Rolf can do this with style.

Agreed. We just need to find a way to get the quarrels down to a
minimum. I like Richard's proposal about some mediating
infrastructure.

>> Thoughts, comments, suggestions and alternatives welcome.
>>
> The alternative I fear is people start adding DISTRO that do
> include angstrom.conf
> REDEFINE_STUFF_WE_DONT_LIKE

> But they are all basically the same DISTRO with a fiddle.

> And maybe at OEDEM we hire some sumo suits to settle problems?

:D

Regards,

:M:
--