[oe] [RFC] Creating an OpenEmbedded founation

Rolf Leggewie no2spam at nospam.arcornews.de
Fri Jun 8 08:31:12 UTC 2007

Holger Freyther wrote:
> So the natural question is do we need a foundation at all?

Holger, thanks for bringing this issue forward.

As I said on IRC, I am skeptical about the need for a formal
organization.  I not sure about what kind of problems it would solve
that aren't solvable by other means.

But I do think we should contemplate what to do when key people leave
the project and others join.  IOW, we should think about establishing
processes and document them.  It is my personal believe that this will
be much more important to the continued prospering of OE than a formal
organization.

Just my 2 cents.