[oe] [RFC] Creating an OpenEmbedded founation

Holger Freyther freyther at gmx.net
Sat Jun 9 16:56:12 UTC 2007

Am 08.06.2007 um 02:38 schrieb Rod Whitby:

> I'm going to give information about how the NSLU2-Linux project
> handles
> some (but not all) of these issues ... I'm not trying to tell OE
> what to
> do, just giving input that might be relevant to OE's decision.
>
> Holger Freyther wrote:
>> As we grow we have more needs, like I already said. This includes
>> bigger assets like servers to host our infrastructure, sending koen
>> to conferences, buying development boards one doesn't get donated.
>
> NSLU2-Linux receives donations on a couple of paypal accounts (one for
> donations from paypal balance, one for donations from paypal credit
> card).  We have no other convenient way of receiving donations, but I
> presume we could set up other means of receipt if necessary.  We've
> raised over USD$10K in the last 2.5 years.

Hi,

thanks for you answer. The only/main question I have is regarding
money. Do you pay special care regarding the financial authorities?
E.g. in free countries like Germany and Netherlands the financial
authorities will scan your account regulary. And I don't want some
one to get personal issues with their financial authorities due
holding the money.
Also you can't handle tax exemption but this seems to be not needed
in the NSLu2 case.

kind regards
	z.

PS: As to signing NDAs. The e.V. would be a legal body and able to
sign any contract not violating the mission statement.