[oe] problems doing bitbake task-base

Jamie Lenehan lenehan at twibble.org
Wed Jun 13 12:39:08 UTC 2007

On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 08:53:49AM +1000, "Luís Cargnini" wrote:
> new problems:
> (BD06DC30:~/puc/instramed/openembedded) lvcargnini% bitbake task-base
> NOTE: Handling BitBake files: - (4588/4588) [100 %]
> NOTE: Parsing finished. 4373 cached, 0 parsed, 215 skipped, 0 masked.
> NOTE: build 200706071941: started
[...]
> SysV.xs:7:25: error: asm/page.h: No such file or directory
> make[1]: *** [SysV.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/lvcargnini/puc/instramed/openembedded/tmp/work/i686-linux/perl-native-5.8.8-r11/perl-5.8.8/ext/IPC/SysV'
[...]

This is an issue with the version linux-headers not including
asm/page.h.

Creating an empty asm/page.h (in /usr/include) would get past this,
but could cause other issues.

Does the latest version of linux-headers for gentoo put this back or
is it gone for good? Checking the latest kernel here (not gentoo, I
don't use that) and it seems be getting installed as part of make
headers_install - so it looks like it's back. So you might want to
try the latest gentoo version of linux-headers before doing anything
else.

If you update your host to the latest version and it still has
problems then put a bug in the OE bug tracker and I can look at
fixing this. Perl is only including it in order to get the definition
of getpagesize which has been defined in unistd.h for a long time
now, so just removing that include for perl should (in theory) work
without any issues (unless you had a really old system?)

--
 Jamie Lenehan <lenehan at twibble.org>