[oe] problems doing bitbake task-base

Luís Cargnini lvcargnini at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 16:31:16 UTC 2007

So what you are telling me is this perl is been compiled to run over my host
machine ?
So it is not been cross-compiled for my target ?
I  am correct in this tw statements ?
If yes ..... why ? Why compilate the perl ????
just put it as a pre-requisite for OE installation !
my perl --version of gentoo installed version:
enterprise ~ # perl --version

This is perl, v5.8.8 built for i686-linux

Copyright 1987-2006, Larry Wall

Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License or
the
GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5 source kit.

this system using "man perl" or "perldoc perl".  If you have access to the
Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.org/, the Perl Home Page.

enterprise ~ #

this asm/page.h is plataform dependent when we configure the kernel it will
create a symlink inside include of asm to especific asm-ARCH that we are
compiling or even cross-compiling.

On 6/13/07, Jamie Lenehan <lenehan at twibble.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 08:53:49AM +1000, "Luís Cargnini" wrote:
> > new problems:
> > (BD06DC30:~/puc/instramed/openembedded) lvcargnini% bitbake task-base
> > NOTE: Handling BitBake files: - (4588/4588) [100 %]
> > NOTE: Parsing finished. 4373 cached, 0 parsed, 215 skipped, 0 masked.
> > NOTE: build 200706071941: started
> [...]
> > SysV.xs:7:25: error: asm/page.h: No such file or directory
> > make[1]: *** [SysV.o] Error 1
> > make[1]: Leaving directory
> > `/home/lvcargnini/puc/instramed/openembedded/tmp/work/i686-linux/perl-
> native-5.8.8-r11/perl-5.8.8/ext/IPC/SysV'
> [...]
>
> This is an issue with the version linux-headers not including
> asm/page.h.
>
> Creating an empty asm/page.h (in /usr/include) would get past this,
> but could cause other issues.
>
> Does the latest version of linux-headers for gentoo put this back or
> is it gone for good? Checking the latest kernel here (not gentoo, I
> don't use that) and it seems be getting installed as part of make
> headers_install - so it looks like it's back. So you might want to
> try the latest gentoo version of linux-headers before doing anything
> else.
>
> If you update your host to the latest version and it still has
> problems then put a bug in the OE bug tracker and I can look at
> fixing this. Perl is only including it in order to get the definition
> of getpagesize which has been defined in unistd.h for a long time
> now, so just removing that include for perl should (in theory) work
> without any issues (unless you had a really old system?)
>
> --
> Jamie Lenehan <lenehan at twibble.org>

Thanks && Regards
Msc. Bsc. Luís Vitório Cargnini
IEEE Member
Electrical Engineer Faculty @ PUCRS
Ipiranga Avenue, 6681 – Building 30
P.O. Box: 90619-900 – Porto Alegre/RS
Phone: +55 51 3320 3500  extension: 7696