[oe] [RFC] base_less_or_equal() for numerical value testing in OE

Paul Sokolovsky pmiscml at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 09:33:08 UTC 2007

Hello Koen,

Monday, March 5, 2007, 8:56:56 AM, you wrote:

[]

>> You only ask for screen size but I can guarantee that wouldn't be the
>> last request. I'm dead set against this.

> Me too, since you will get something like this:

> application_1.4.5-r5_bigscreen.ipk
> application_1.4.5-r5_ppc603e.ipk
> application_1.4.5-r5_armv5te.ipk
> application_1.4.5-r5_smallscreen.ipk

> Now Marcin wants to install 'application' on his webpad and it doesn't run. Why? Because
> 'application_1.4.5-r5_bigscreen.ipk' secretly is ARM instead of x86.

  This was covered in my original rundown of how that could be
implemented. I proposed to have convention that smallscreen/datascreen
virtual archs may be applied only to data packages (whose arch would
be 'all' otherwise). Obviously, this can be enforced by insane.class.

  So, it would be:

application_1.4.5-r5_ppc603e.ipk
application_1.4.5-r5_armv5te.ipk
+
application-data_1.4.5-r5_bigscreen.ipk
application-data_1.4.5-r5_smallscreen.ipk

> regards,

> Koen

[]

--