[oe] [RFC] madwifi staging and hostap-deamon support for madwifi

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at hrw.one.pl
Mon Mar 12 08:08:43 UTC 2007

Dnia poniedziałek, 12 marca 2007, Rod Whitby napisał:
> I want to get hostap-deamon working for madwifi (on the IOMega NAS100d,
> and D-Link DSMG-600 RevA).

And also on any other PCI equipped machines (madwifi req pci iirc).

> Currently, it does not support madwifi, and the current madwifi-ng
> recipe is putting the include files in a place other than the place
> that hostapd looks for them during the compile.

> Also, hostapd has an RDEPENDS on hostapd-modules, which does not make
> sense for madwifi.

Hostap-modules dependency should be dropped - we use hostap from kernel.

I would like to get latest stable hostapd in OE.

> I'd like to change madwifi-ng to put the files in the right place, and
> then change hostap-daemon to enable madwifi support and use those
> include files.  Are there any other known packages that use madwifi
> include files that may be affected?

wpa-supplicant use madwifi and also has all needed code for madwifi
support on PCI equipped machines.

> I can either enable this globally, or enable it for the slugos distro
> only, or enable it for ixp4xx machines only.  Which should I do?

Enable it for PCI equipped machines like it is in wpa-supplicant 0.5.x

> Here is the hostap-daemon.inc patch (example using a _ixp4xx override):
> > -RDEPENDS = "hostap-modules hostap-utils (${PV})"
> > +RDEPENDS = "hostap-utils (${PV})"
> > +DEPENDS_append_ixp4xx = " madwifi-ng"
> >
> > +do_configure_ixp4xx() {
> > +        sed -e
> > 's/\#CONFIG_DRIVER_MADWIFI=y/CONFIG_DRIVER_MADWIFI=y/' \ +
> >    '${WORKDIR}/defconfig' >>'${S}/.config'
> > +}

Do this like it is done in wpa-supplicant 0.5.x

Thx

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

 Truly a man of few words. I'll bet you don't know what either one of them
 means.