[oe] OE on Kontron eb425

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Sat May 5 12:35:22 UTC 2007

Hello Stefano,

On 5/4/07, Stefano Cailotto <cailotto at sci.univr.it> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm trying to build something usable for a kontron eb425 board, based on an
> intel ixp425.
> I tried to compile using a generic ixp4xxbe, but when loading, the kernel
> stops after uncompressing reporting a CRC error.
> It seems that Kontron EmbeddedLinux development kit performs something on
> the kernel before making zImage in order to load it in a specifed memory
> location.

There are some IXP42x users on OE, mostly for the NSLU device from
Linksys/Cisco, the Intel dev board (IXDP425) and some custom boards,
but I have not see the Kontron board yet.

With the reported problem, it would help if you understand or at least
could tell where to find the details on the boot loader.

Ideally, you would want to boot loader to be buildable from source
instead of relying on some binary on flash.

Regards,

Leon.