[oe] RFC: machine customized ixp4xx NPE firmware

Robin Farine robin.farine at terminus.org
Wed May 16 08:56:46 UTC 2007

On Wed May 16 2007 03:24, Rod Whitby wrote:
> Robin Farine wrote:

> > The patch below proposes a means of letting the machine
> > configuration file
> > decide which NPE firmware to build.
>
> Thanks.  We'll be very happy to apply that patch.  I'll take a
> close look at it tonight.

I forgot to disable line wrapping when I reposted it to the correct
mailing-list... You may prefer to have a look at the cleaner
version in bugzilla.

> Which machine/arch are you using?  We can easily extend that
> compatibility to include any other machines/archs that will use
> it.

Its a custom ixp425 big-endian board of which 2 functional exemplars
currently exist :-). Not a problem, I just wondered whether
something like COMPATIBLE_ARCH exists.

Robin