[oe] Problem wt. perl-native building for PXA

Nils Faerber nils.faerber at kernelconcepts.de
Mon May 21 23:05:27 UTC 2007

Hi!
I am encountering a strange problem while trying to build Angstrom for
PXA (for LinuxTag demo purposes). While we have some other machines
building it with the same version of OE and Bitbake just fine it fails
on my notebook (but I would like to be able to rebuild it directly at
LinuxTag, thus the question).
My machine has Ubuntu feisty installed. I am using Bitbake 1.8 from SVN
and an OE checkout from today.

What happens is that the build works quite well until it comes to
perl-native-5.8.8-r7. There it fails with the following error:

|       Making x2p stuff
| make[1]: Entering directory
`/media/disk/oe/build_h5xxx/tmp/work/i686-linux/perl-native-5.8.8-r7/perl-5.8.8/x2p'
| You haven't done a "make depend" yet!
| make[1]: *** [hash.o] Error 1
[ full log attached ]

I have the feeling that it has something to do with my host setup but I
have no clue what!? If I comment out the dependency check from the
source directory (outch, hack!) it compiles fine and continues. Most
other packages work to compile then until
libxml-parser-perl-native_2.34.bb which again fails because of a
misinstallation of the per utils in the staging directory.

I am really quite clueless what might be the reason.
If anyone encoutered this before I would be glad to share hints to
resolve the situation ;)

Thanks!

Cheers
  nils faerber

--
kernel concepts GbR      Tel: +49-271-771091-12
Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48  Fax: +49-271-771091-19