[oe] calling cross toolchain binaries

Tobias Pflug Tobias.Pflug at gmx.net
Mon Nov 12 17:17:29 UTC 2007

hi,

I am having some troubles calling ${TARGET_OS}-strip
inside IMAGE_PREPROCESS_COMMAND. In case you might wonder
why I would want to do something like that anyway..
I had to do some patching at various places to keep
packages from stripping when I don't want them to
and now I just want to have full control over
some binaries in my image config.. Anyway..

Just calling ${TARGET_OS} does not do the trick so I
thought I would just have to prepend STAGING_BINDIR_CROSS -
which is set to:

/home/pflug/oedev/pxa270_nor/tmp/staging/x86_64-linux/bin/arm-angstrom-linux-uclibcgnueabi

But that directory does not exist. There is
a (....)/bin/arm-angstrom-linux-uclibcgnueabi-libtool, but
not the above `arm-angstrom-linux` subdir.

I suppose I am missing something quite obvious but well I just
don't see it right now.

thanks for any help.

regards,
Tobi