[oe] Getting Started -Makefile

Lorn Potter lpotter at trolltech.com
Mon Nov 19 21:08:17 UTC 2007

Holger Freyther wrote:
> Am 19.11.2007 um 13:08 schrieb David Farning:
>
>> This eliminates many of problems the new users have setting up bb
>> and oe.  There is no need to know any thing about svn of monotone.
>
> Hey,
>
> this is the issue you want to solve? IMO developers should know about
> how to build software and this includes getting the source. I think
> it is no use in hiding OpenEmbedded and BitBake behind a GNU Makefile.

well, me and lot of other developers disagree. Hence the popularity of
the openmoko makefile.

Are you trying to make it easier or harder to generate file systems?
Lots of developers do not have time to learn the symantics of
bitbake/monotone, etc.

Anything that can make it easier to set up and build is needed.
Otherwise it is just easier to build it from scratch.

--
Lorn 'ljp' Potter
Software Engineer, Systems Group, MES, Trolltech