[oe] Getting Started -Makefile

Rod Whitby rod at whitby.id.au
Tue Nov 20 21:19:52 UTC 2007

Koen Kooi wrote:
> Rod Whitby schreef:
>> Isn't the creator of the OpenMoko build environment an OE core team
>> member?  Does the OpenMoko build environment setup documentation follow
>> your prescription for TMPDIR and multimachine?
>
> Mickey was and is an OE core developer, but all the other core members
> have been appalled by the implementation of the OM env described in
> their wiki (to mention a few: hardcoding BUILD_ARCH and replacing
> /usr/bin/svn with a script).

So are you saying that the very first OM wiki how-to-build documentation
(which predated any MokoMakefile) was written by someone other than
Mickey, and that Mickey did not agree with the public release of the
description of how to build OpenMoko using OE?  I find that incredulous.

> As proven multiple times on the OE-devel list, the OM wiki has bad
> practices for using OE. At the last OEDEM we coined 'Mo(c)kumentation'
> to describe it.

Yes, and you continue to disparage the OpenMoki wiki documentation,
instead of helping to fix it.

-- Rod