[oe] Firewall blocking access to monotone server?

Hans Henry von Tresckow hvontres at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 07:25:02 UTC 2007

On Nov 29, 2007 9:41 PM, Tiller, Jason <jtiller at sjm.com> wrote:

> Hello, OE folx!
>
> I approached the list a couple of weeks ago asking about running OE under
> Cygwin.  The overwhelming consensus was that I shouldn't even embark on that
> headache-laden path and instead scare up a Linux box for my OE work.  Well,
> I took your considered advice and now I'm trying to get OE running.
>
> I'm running on a 400MHz P-III with 256MB of memory running RHEL 4.  The OS
> is mandated by my IT guys.  I got everything down, finally got everything
> built (well, so far), including git, svn, mtn, boost, (1.33.1), bb, and a
> whole host of other packages.  My poor little box has been compiling its
> little brains out.  I think I have everything in place.

>From my experince, you might want to ask your IT guys for something a bit
more powerful. I used to use an old HP Kajak for my builds, but the dual
PII-333 and 512Mb of memory was barely adequate. It took ~24hrs to build a
console image from scratch....
At the very least, you should try to max out the memory in the system, and
if possible add a second CPU to take advantage of bitbakes parallel build
capabilites.

I am now running on a dual core laptop with 2G... and am much happier :)

--
Henry von Tresckow (hvontres)