[oe] monotone/git (was hello...)

Tobias Pflug tobias.pflug at gmx.net
Thu Oct 4 12:55:02 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-10-04 at 14:40 +0200, Holger Freyther wrote:
> Am 04.10.2007 um 13:18 schrieb Michael Krelin:
>

> Hi,
>
> If someone can host my mtn2git script and a git tree we can have a
> git mirror almost immediately. But yes I think there are some good
> reasons to stay with monotone as primary system.
>

> z.

Well luckily I am not an ignorant git-fanboy :) Could you shortly point
out to me the reasons why you think monotone is favorable over git for
use with openembedded ? I will admit right away that my limitation with
SCMs in large projects is more than limited. So i can only speak of
my user experience with git vs my experience with monotone and i prefer
the first.

thanks.

-Tobi