[oe] [oe-commits] org.oe.dev packages/webkit: Build and package naming fixes (when using debian renaming)

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Fri Oct 26 13:42:24 UTC 2007

Am 26.10.2007 um 06:43 schrieb Koen Kooi:

> freyther commit schreef:
>> packages/webkit: Build and package naming fixes (when using debian
>> renaming)
>>     We do not want the package to be named libwebkitgtk-launcher
>> but want to
>>     keep the webkit-gtklauncher names.
>
> Do we? I created and maintain those recipes, and I made the
> decision to
> name it libwebkitgtk-launcher when using debian naming. I would have
> used DEBIAN_NOAUTONAME_webkit-gtklauncher otherwise. Which brings
> me to
> my second point:

Hi Koen,

please enlighten me. I want to put webkit-gtklauncher into my image.
Due the package renaming do_rootfs will fail. Do you want people to
put webkit-gtklauncher into their image? How can they do it?

I will restore webkit-gtk_svn.bb but would like to keep the qt and
qtopia variant like it is (minus probably removing the python code).

Regarding the python code. Do we have some kind of janitor tasks for
newbies? They could kill it from ~5-10 recipes as well.

z.