[oe] [oe-commits] org.oe.dev packages/webkit: Build and package naming fixes (when using debian renaming)

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Fri Oct 26 22:20:44 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-26 at 15:42 +0200, Holger Freyther wrote:
> Am 26.10.2007 um 06:43 schrieb Koen Kooi:

> > freyther commit schreef:
> >> packages/webkit: Build and package naming fixes (when using debian
> >> renaming)
> >>     We do not want the package to be named libwebkitgtk-launcher
> >> but want to
> >>     keep the webkit-gtklauncher names.
> >
> > Do we? I created and maintain those recipes, and I made the
> > decision to
> > name it libwebkitgtk-launcher when using debian naming. I would have
> > used DEBIAN_NOAUTONAME_webkit-gtklauncher otherwise. Which brings
> > me to
> > my second point:
>
> please enlighten me. I want to put webkit-gtklauncher into my image.
> Due the package renaming do_rootfs will fail. Do you want people to
> put webkit-gtklauncher into their image? How can they do it?

In theory, package renaming should be accounted for in package creation.
We write package renaming data to the staging area in the form of
pkgmaps and pkgdata and this is then used when creating packages to
remap the Dependency and similar fields. Extremely ugly but it does
work.

Dredging the depths of my memory I think there is a bug where
IMAGE_INSTALL (or whatever the field is called) is not remapped before
processing and it should be. Most people work around or don't see this
by using task packages.

Cheers,

Richard