[oe] *Very* newbie question: OE and Cygwin?

Cliff Brake cliff.brake at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 16:47:32 UTC 2007

On 10/30/07, Tiller, Jason <jtiller at sjm.com> wrote:

> [Main question: Can I use OE on cygwin to target a PXA270-based board?]

I suspect you would be better off running Linux (ubuntu/debian, etc)
on a vmware virtual machine.  I've not tried cygwin, but just based on
the complexity of everything happening, it seems unlikely it will work
without a lot of hassle.

> I'm evaluating a new microprocessor for a next-generation power
> generator.  We hope to use a linux kernel inside the instrument.  I'm
> using a Logic Devices PXA270-based Zoom eval board.  I saw on one of
> the LD boards that OE has support for this micro/board combination.
> I'd like to try OE to build a kernel and throw up some simple apps,
> but I have to do the host development in Windows, which means Cygwin.

Good luck with your project.

Several of us have PXA270 Zoom boards.  The #oe irc channel on
freenode is a good resource if you need help getting started.

Cliff