[oe] How should OE be used?

Tim Bird tim.bird at am.sony.com
Mon Sep 24 17:14:40 UTC 2007

Philip Balister wrote:
> Tim,
>
> Hopefully, we can address some of Leon's and other's issues during OEDEM
> in two weeks. So be prepared to update the elinux.org web page :)

I'll be glad to. :-)

BTW - I still have some unspent money from CELF budgeted for OE
improvements (not a lot, but some).  Also, I have a machine dedicated
in the CELF test lab for OE work.  Last year, Marcin did some contract
work for us.  I don't think we're leveraging what he did very well.
In terms of what CELF is interested in going forward: we would very
much like to see well-maintained minimal distribution that works
on several architectures.  I can use some of the above
resources for this work.

I don't want to discuss numbers on an open list, but details
are available upon request.

Can you please factor this into the OEDEM discussions?

I won't be at OEDEM, but I'll be at ELCE in Austria, November 2-3.
(see http://www.celinux.org/elc_europe07/elc_europe_index.html)
Matt Locke will be giving a talk on Open Embedded there.  I'm not
sure where the main OE developers are located in Europe, but if
it's convenient, it would be nice to meet there and discuss what
CELF can do to help out.
 -- Tim

Tim Bird
Senior Staff Engineer, Sony Corporation of America