[oe] RFC: Kexec Cmdline Support

Uli Luckas u.luckas at road.de
Wed Sep 26 16:01:12 UTC 2007

On Wednesday, 26. September 2007, you wrote:
> On 9/26/07, Uli Luckas <u.luckas at road.de> wrote:
> > By the way, who is the original author of the arm-kexec-utils patch? I'd
> > like
> > to see kexec support pushed upstream which requires a sign-off of the
> > original author.
> >

> IIRC, Richard Purdie wrote the original kexec patch for arm. I would love
> to try out your solution. Do you know which version of the vanilla kernel
> now has the proper patches in place?
I use kexec with 2.6.21.

> I would most likely need to do some tweaking, since the original sharp
> bootloader passes a cmdline that is incompatible with 2.6 kernels.
For now you might have to modify the hard coded base address.

> But I would love to see some support for kexec cmdline editing in the near
> future.
>
> Henry von Tresckow (hvontres)

Thanks,
Uli

--

------- ROAD ...the handyPC Company - - -  ) ) )

Uli Luckas
Software Development

ROAD GmbH
Bennigsenstr. 14 | 12159 Berlin | Germany
fon: +49 (30) 230069 - 64 | fax: +49 (30) 230069 - 69
url: www.road.de

Amtsgericht Charlottenburg: HRB 96688 B
Managing directors: Hans-Peter Constien, Hubertus von Streit