[oe] trouble with cp command in autotools.bbclass

Robert Schuster theBohemian at gmx.net
Tue Apr 1 00:46:25 UTC 2008

Hi,
lately the following copy operation has been added to autotools.bbclass:

# Otherwise libtool wasn't used, and lib/ can be copied
# directly.
echo "cp -fpPR ${STAGE_TEMP}/${libdir}/* ${STAGING_LIBDIR}"
cp -fpPR ${STAGE_TEMP}/${libdir}/* ${STAGING_LIBDIR}

I have trouble with this and a package that creates an empty ${libdir}.
Shell globbing (*) wont find a file and instead tries to copy a file
named "*" ... and fails and so does my built.

I would like to replace this with the following lines which uses find
and is more robust:

# (The find command handles an empty ${STAGE_TEMP/${libdir} correctly)
echo "find ${STAGE_TEMP}/${libdir} -mindepth 1 -maxdepth 1 -exec cp
-fpPR {} ${STAGING_LIBDIR}" \;

find ${STAGE_TEMP}/${libdir} -mindepth 1 -maxdepth 1 -exec cp -fpPR {}
${STAGING_LIBDIR} \;

Ok for commit?

Regards
Robert