[oe] Building multiple gdb-cross targets

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 17:48:59 UTC 2008

Geoffrey Wossum wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Another question about build gdb-cross for the AVR32.  Building gdb-cross gets
> me avr32-angstrom-linux-uclibc-gdb.  But over at this page,
> http://avr32linux.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/KernelDebugging, it says you really
> want an standalone gdb for kernel debugging.
>
> How can I get OE to build just an avr32-gdb?  How can I get OE to build both
> avr32-gdb and avr32-linux-gdb (aka avr32-angstrom-linux-uclibc-gdb)?

They are two different configurations of gdb the one OE will build for
you is the cross gdb which is supposed to cross debug linux applications
(e.g. arm-*-linux-gnueabi). The one you are intending to have is what I
call baremetal (e.g. arm-eabi)  debugger. I dont think you will be able
to build this with ease using OE as they are really two different
targets for OE to build.

Why would avr-linux gdb not work ?

HTH

-Khem