[oe] union fs

Mike (mwester) mwester at dls.net
Tue Apr 15 15:31:13 UTC 2008

Szabolcs Szakacsits wrote:

> What do you mean ntfs-3g is not write safe? Nobody ever told us.
>
> It's certainly used and certified on several ARM and MIPS embedded devices
> regularly.
>
> Regards,  Szaka

According to the official docs, due to limitations of the fuse driver
for 2.4 kernels, ntfs-3g on such old kernels is prone to data loss.
This is a fuse problem, but effectively if you value your NTFS
partition's consistency, it means that ntfs-3g on such old kernels
should be read-only.

On 2.6, ntfs-3g works wonderfully on all the devices in read and write
modes, and is the driver I recommend for NTFS support on the SlugOS
(ARM) distro.

Sorry for not being more clear.

Mike (mwester)