[oe] (admin) infrastructure status

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Sat Apr 26 13:08:00 UTC 2008

Hi guys,

I'm not feeling to well, so I need to keep this brief.

We went through a series of hardware problems lately. First, our überserver
linuxtogo.org was completely unresponsive for more than 24h. In an attempt to
fix that, I requested to change www.openembedded.org and
monotone.openembedded.org to the new server that already hosts the monotone
database since weeks (we had a transparent ssh forward so people did not
notice that they were actually talking to amethyst.openembedded.net).

Unfortunately during this process, also lists.openembedded.org was changed to
the new server (which is not supposed to host a listserver), hence e-mail
stopped to work for a while. This was fixed 24h later.

Everything now should be back as usual except bugs.openembedded.org which
stopped responding a couple of days ago. As you might know, this server was
in control of the late Greg Gilbert. We had been told we can continue to use
these services, however we are (again) in contact with his friends to find
out what happened.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Cheers,

Mickey.