[oe] Proposed rebuild task fix

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Sat Apr 26 23:02:20 UTC 2008

Hi,

As mentioned recently the rebuild task has issues. The attached patch is
the fix I'd like to propose for this. It adds a "setscene" task which
runs before fetch and does housekeeping style activities like cleaning
up work areas. I've written it so the existing packaged-staging
"do_prepackaged_stage" task is also brought under the umbrella of this
new task. One useful advantage to this is you can then enable/disable
packaged staging within a given build and it won't rebuild everything
which is a drawback of the current setup.

The main drawback to this proposed change is that it will force a full
rebuild of everything equivalent to a 'wipe tmp/'.

Let me know if anyone objects to the change or wants more information...

Cheers,

Richard