[oe] Sugar Desktop

Stefan Schmidt stefan at datenfreihafen.org
Tue Aug 19 19:05:31 UTC 2008

Hello.

On Tue, 2008-08-19 at 12:56, David Farning wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-08-19 at 13:13 +0200, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 2008-08-19 at 00:04, David Farning wrote:
>
> As of last week,  OLPC has started working directly with Fedora to make
> a native Fedora desktop run on the XO.  I hope this leads to more
> upstream interest porting more platforms to the XO.  Currently, OLPC is
> working pretty hard to get 8.2 released.  Please remind me in a couple
> of weeks (in case I forget) to set up some hardware contacts for you.

Made a note. Not sure if this will be really neeed, but having a contact handy
is always good.

> We are working with Jason Kridner from TI about doing a port to the
> beagleboard using the OE toolkit.  We are setting up a colobration
> infrastructure at http://elinux.org/BeagleBoardSugar .  From an upstream
> perspective, is this list and the OE wiki the best places to have
> OE/Sugar discussions.

For discussion the ml is indeed the best place. Wiki is of course fine for
documenting your stuff.

How do you plan to work on OE? Do you have some people with commit rights or do
you plan to do patches? While OE is on its way to git they also set up some
policies for contributions.
http://wiki.openembedded.net/index.php/Category:Policy

I have commit right and can help to get easy patches applied. Bigger changes
like bbclasses or other stuff needs review on the list as I'm not really
familiar with it.

regards
Stefan Schmidt